At Hewitt Adams We Make Finding Your New Home Easy
The rental market can be extremely competitive and fast moving. As such, we appreciate just how stressful the whole moving house process can be for tenants. By registering your details with us we can help you be the first one through the door of newly listed homes, and help ease the strain of your search. Call into the branch, give us a call or email in with your requirements and we’ll do the rest!
If you are already renting through Hewitt Adams and need to report a maintenance issue – You can do this 24 hours a day by using the ‘report an issue’ feature tab below:Report Maintenance
Key Information When Renting
- You will typically pay the equivalent of the first months rent to secure your property – This will be held in the DPS (deposit protection scheme)
- On the first day of your new tenancy just as you are moving into the property – you will pay your first months rent.
- In accordance with the agreed terms of your tenancy – Hewitt Adams will conduct property inspections to ensure you are maintaining the property carefully but also to check to see if there are any maintenance issues you’d like to highlight.
- Hewitt Adams have a fast and pro-active Maintenance team and you can report an issue through our website even after the office is closed.
Where Can You Find Our Available Rentals?
All our available properties will be advertised on the online portals as well as in our shop window and office displays right here at 20 Pensby Road. Remember to be quick however! If you see a property you like the look of, give us a call right away and we will ensure we accommodate you for a viewing asap!
Documents You Will Be Provided With At The Start Of Your Tenancy
- A copy of the ‘How To Rent Guide’
- A gas safety certificate for the property you are renting
- Your deposit paperwork if you have paid a deposit before renting the property. This must be held in a government approved scheme like the DPS
- A copy of the EPC for the property. As this will have a bearing on your bills when renting the property
- You will also receive a countersigned copy of the tenancy contract and a copy of the inventory – which you must confirm is correct and factual